A Lifestyle change | Fitness

I have decided its time to make a change in my life in relation to my health and fitness. Let me give you some background, in 2012 I was quite unfit, unhealthy and generally not happy with the way I looked or felt. Then an amazing opportunity came up, the chance to climb the highest mountain in Africa aka Mount Kilimanjaro. I was so excited by the thought of it but seriously doubted whether I'd be fit enough. Long story short, I changed my diet, exercised as much as I could and stuck to my 12 week training plan and eventually I was ready.And in June 2012 I did successfully reach the summit and accomplished one of my many dreams.



At that stage in my life I was super fit and extremely happy body wise. However, after that summer I started the Leaving Cert and used it as an excuse to not exercise. 'That essay won't write itself' , 'I have mid terms soon', 'Mocks are around the corner'. I made every excuse in the book. But who was I fooling ? No one but myself, slowly some weight came back on and I lost my fitness pretty quick. Then when I came to college my fitness/health hit an all time low. I was eating good healthy food for dinners(most of the time) but I was also eating loads of sweets and chocolate.

This combined with barely any exercise has resulted in my current situation. I'm currently 2 stone heaver than I was in 2012, hate my body image and constantly feel sluggish and tired. So I've decided it's time for a change again. I think the way to go about getting fit is to have a goal at the end (eg. having to climb Africa's highest Mountain). I've done a bit of research and I've come across the Great Limerick Run. There's a 10k, half marathon and a full marathon. I'm going to be a little realistic here and aim for the half marathon (21k). It's on 03 May, so I've about 7 months to train. I'm going to work out an eating plan and exercise plan that I can incorporate into my student lifestyle.

 I'll keep you regularly updated in this little series and on twitter !! Have you started a fitness programme recently ? Have you any tips on how to get motivated ? Let me know in the comments.

Erin x

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. Hii! Great post! Setting yourself a goal at the end is such a good idea, I'm now thinking about it myself too! So thank you! :) I'd love to climb a mountain like you have. I'm sure I'll do it one day...

    Sarah
    www.abubblylady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting ! I think an end goal is vital, at least it is for me ! x

      Delete

~ Let's Connect ~

Search This Blog

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig