#IrishBloggersGetFit Week 1

Hi Everyone!

If you're following any of my social media platforms then you'll know that myself and a few other bloggers are taking part in a 6 week fitness challenge with Claire from Volta Fitness. The aim is to be fit for Christmas. We all have different goals, mine in particular is to shed some pounds for Christmas!



The first week is always the hardest right? Not off to a great start as I spent most of the first day on a train/bus. Sometimes life gets in the way and that's ok. I didn't let it get to me as I knew I'd start properly the next day and count that as my first day.

SO day two came and I did the shopping and filled the fridge with healthy food. Went for a long brisk walk/run. Did my cardio workout. What I found was that I didn't like walking in the dark, I went at about 8.20pm as it was the only chance I got but felt uncomfortable. I think I'll have to get my workouts done in the morning.



Day 3 came and I did my workout, but afterwards I went to the cinema and had a large popcorn and large coke. This would have been fine as a treat but then we went to supermax afterwards. Day 4 came and I was feeling crappy. I think it was just because I hadn't had the best start and I was just frustrated. So I took all my frustration out in my workout. If you follow me on snapchat then you'll know how exhausted I was afterwards. My lungs were burning, my legs were like jelly, I felt sick! Of course after a bit of water and about 30 minutes, I was back to normal but my spirits were up and I felt really good after working hard.



Day 5 I had a sports day at college, so spent half of that day running around. I was exhausted. I didn't mind missing the workout because I felt that I had basically done it throughout the day anyway. I didn't eat very well though, only had about two meals and they weren't the healthiest. Day 6 came and went, I was mentally exhausted from the week and had very little motivation for anything. I went to the cinema to unwind and it worked a trick because I woke up this morning with renewed energy and motivation.

So today, day 7 my only slip up has been having a mug of hot chocolate oh and I had sausages and a fried egg for breakfast. My workout was really good, I went running/walking and I felt like I ran much better today. I forgot to time myself which I'm raging about and the nike running app wouldn't work so I don't know how far it was either! Regardless I'm just home and I'm sweating buckets! I am happy with today, even though I had my slip ups. I went shopping and got lots of healthy foods, made my weekly food plan and did a really good workout even though it's miserable outside!

What I learned this week is that preparation is key. I've heard that phrase a million and one times but after this week I really believe it! My goal for next week is to focus more on my diet and just making sure that I get a really good workout in everyday!

SO that's been week 1, make sure to follow me over on snapchat to follow me throughout the week! 

Erin X

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. Such a nice blog that you shared about 6 weeks fitness challenge, and it is very interesting blog. I enjoyed your blog while reading. I really appreciate the efforts that you have put into this blog. If anyone looking for the Best Fitness Challenge App then you can click here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Claire,

    Thanks for organizing this 6-week fitness challenge. It's great to be a part of it with you and the other bloggers. I have set my goal to shed some pounds for Christmas, and I'm determined to make it happen.

    The first day of the challenge didn't go as planned for me, as I spent most of it traveling on a train and bus. But I didn't let that discourage me. I knew that I could start fresh the next day and count it as my first official day. Life can sometimes throw unexpected obstacles our way, but it's important to stay positive and focused on our goals.

    On the second day, I made sure to do the grocery shopping and filled my fridge with healthy food options. I also went for a long brisk walk/run and completed my cardio workout. However, I realized that I didn't enjoy walking in the dark. I went out around 8:20 pm, which was the only available time for me, but I felt uncomfortable. So, I've decided that I'll have to shift my workouts to the morning. It's crucial to find a routine that works for us and makes us feel comfortable, so I'll make sure to adjust my schedule accordingly.

    I'll be sharing my experiences and progress throughout this challenge on my blog and social media platforms. It's great to have the support of the other bloggers and the guidance from you, Claire. Let's stay motivated and determined to achieve our fitness goals for Christmas!

    Best,
    Asha Tiwari

    ReplyDelete

~ Let's Connect ~

Search This Blog

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig