Why You Should Start A Blog

I often get asked why I blog and why I put myself out there. I always say that the positives far outweigh the negatives and it's true! Luckily I haven't experienced too many negatives. Recently I've been getting a lot of questions on snapchat from people asking whether or not they should start a blog or how to know if blogging is for them. And to that I say, just start one. If you don't like it or it's just not for you, you can always stop and remove it. But I bet you'll end up loving it because the reality is blogging is awesome! I think everyone should have blog, be it public or private, here's why...




  1. It's a great hobby - I never knew how much I actually enjoyed writing until I started the blog. I find it to be very therapeutic and helps me think clearer.
  2. It serves as an online cv - It gives potential future employers a chance to find you and see if you're a right fit for their company.
  3. You meet great  people -  I have made life long friends that inspire me every day through blogging.
  4. Enhances skills - You learn/improve your writing, photography,editing,HTML,social media & a whole load of other skills.
  5. It builds your confidence - The biggest change the blog has had on my life is in my confidence, it's crazy how much it changes! 
  6. It lets you help other people - I love when people get in touch saying I've helped them or inspired them in some way, it's the best feeling ever to just help people and share your knowledge.
  7. It's free - At least when you begin, if you choose to self host and all that jazz you can, but mine is completely free.
  8. It can make you money - Some can and do make millions from their blogs, for me, it's helped get me a few freelance gigs and a part time job.
  9. It helps you document your life - This is one of my favourite parts, I love reading some of my lifestyle posts back that I wrote a year or so ago, it's amazing to see how different my life was then and when I read them I remember exactly what I was thinking and what was going on at that time in my life. 

Have you contemplated starting a blog ? Stop thinking, start doing! 

Erin X
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

~ Let's Connect ~

Search This Blog

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig